Possible to exchange Sport for Stainless?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by WiseGuyMac, May 2, 2015.

1. WiseGuyMac macrumors newbie

I'm one of the few lucky ones to get a watch (42 Sport with Blue band) but have decided I'd rather have the Stainless model after an in-store try on.

My question is this: has anyone had any luck doing an exchange at an Apple Store? Reason I ask is that it's a well-known policy that Apple stores aren't carrying stock for walk-in sales.

Thanks in advance.

2. Natzoo macrumors 65816

Natzoo

Sell it on eBay for Craigslist but no exchange, none in stock really.

3. digduggler macrumors regular

You could also return it. You are within 14 days. Less lucrative probably.

4. techno-Zen macrumors 6502

I had to order a stainless model. My conundrum is that I don't want to return it and be without a watch for 4 weeks... I'll probably craigslist it when my SS model ships to me

5. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

You won't be. The 38mm SS with classic buckle ships quick. I ordered Thursday and it's already prepared for shipping. Will come either Monday or Tuesday.

The 42mm is shipping fairly quick, but may not be quick enough for you. Tough call.

6. Wayfarer macrumors 65816

Wayfarer

I highly reccomend you sell it locally on Craigslist.

I sold my 38mm :apple:Watch Sport on Craigslist for $600 within 24 hours, and used that money to upgrade. :cool:

7. GrumpyJarhead macrumors newbie

If you wait 4 weeks before you try and sell it, you will lose out on any premium you might be able to get for it more than likely. They'll probably start showing up in stores come June. People who've waited till then to buy one aren't going to pay scalpers rates.