Possible to get BTO version of 2012 Mini from refurb store?

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by haligonia, Oct 19, 2014.

1. haligonia macrumors newbie

I waited 1.5 years for the new Mini but I'm quite disappointed. I've decided to buy the middle option (MD388LL/A) of the 2012 Mini.

Default CPU for this model is the Intel Core i7-3615QM 2.3 GHz chip, but I would buy the BTO upgrade option (Intel Core i7-3720QM 2.6 GHz) if it appeared in the refurb store.

I'm wondering whether it is even possible to get the BTO version in the refurb store. If so, I will wait for it. If that's not possible, I will just get the default CPU.

Anybody know whether it's even possible to find that unit (MD388LL/A Intel Core i7-3720QM 2.6 GHz) in the refurb store?

2. Darby67 macrumors 6502

Sure. You'll have to wait though until somebody returns one.

3. ColdCase macrumors 68030

The mini I purchased in July was a BTO optioned configuration, so they do show up sometimes. The 2.6 quad cores seemed to be more than $1000, if that makes any difference.

4. haligonia thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

Guys, thanks for replying. I'll wait to see what turns up on the store. Cheers! :)

5. deeddawg macrumors 604

Not sure if offered any more - refurb.me doesn't list it as one of the possible Mac Mini refurbs, although I'm unsure what data source they use. I believe it used to be listed.

Also might check via https://refurb-tracker.com/en/ as it lists the option but I don't know if it's just that they've not updated since the announcements or what. Can't hurt to set up an alert.