possible to get notifications from 1 email account but not another?

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by gmhag, Oct 17, 2011.

1. gmhag macrumors regular

I like many, have multiple email accounts set up on my phone. One is my main email account and the other is my junk account. A lot of junk comes in there and i am getting notifications everytime and my notification center is getting swamped with notifications of junk. Is there a way to set up notifications for one email account but turn them off for another? I searched but couldnt find anything. It seems like all the email controls apply to all email accounts set up on the device. I dont see any settings that are account specific.....irritating. Sorry if this is old news, this is my first iphone.

2. outlawarth macrumors regular

Couldn't you set the one account to manual retrieval? At least this way it won't swamp your notification centre? Settings->Mail->Fetch New Data->Advanced->*your email account*->Manual

3. gmhag thread starter macrumors regular

4. misdy macrumors member

Do you need to regularly check that junk account? I have several email addresses that I don't want to receive notifications for, so I just disable the accounts. If I need to access the email, I turn them back on again.

5. gmhag thread starter macrumors regular

Not really but i do like to check it daily to clean it out.