Possible to get service on a non-simcard iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by wittyrock, Mar 16, 2011.

  1. wittyrock macrumors newbie

    Mar 16, 2011
    Hi everybody.

    I hope there is a danish person out there who can answer my questions.
    Or maybe another person who now the opportunities.

    My situation is that I'm currently living in the United states with my iPhone 4 Verizon. Had it for 2 month out of the 2 years plan.

    I'm going back to Denmark for the hole summer and then I'm going to London for half year.

    I was wondering if it was possible to get service on my iPhone even it don't have a port for sim card? In Denmark I know we use sim card, but I was just thinking that the technology now a days must be ready for that. :)

    And if possible use another service when I come to England?

    Can it only be right to leave my iPhone in the US ? I can't even stop my contract with Verizon or sell the iPhone right ?

    plz everybody who reads this, please help.
  2. SDub90 macrumors 6502a

    Nov 9, 2009
    Long Island
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

    You can cancel the contract, pay the early termination fee, and sell the phone (for probably more than the early termination fee), then buy a GSM phone.
  3. TEG macrumors 604


    Jan 21, 2002
    Langley, Washington
    CDMA technology is completely incompatible with GSM technology. You're best bet is to sell the phone and contract to someone in the US then get a new, unlocked phone, when you get to Europe.

    Try http://www.celltradeusa.com/
    or try a google search for places that by cell phone contracts, to save you from the ETF.


Share This Page