possible to get virus to mac through iPhone with iCloud?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by desireek, Jan 28, 2014.

1. desireek macrumors member

Hi!

Im new and have maby a stupid question.

I have a iphone 5s and i share pics, contacts,mail,calendar etc to my macbook pro.
    The question is if i browse some website with virus, could that infect the mac via iCloud on the iPhone to my mac since i sync a lot of things from iPhone to the mac?

Thanx for replays :)

2. AcesHigh87 macrumors 6502a

AcesHigh87

No viruses in the wild can infect your Mac, it's simply not built that way. Even if you somehow picked something up with your iPhone chances are it wouldn't be found in something that would sync and even if it was your Mac would be fine.

Not sure how much sense that makes, it's really early and I've had no coffee. Point is that there are no viruses on Mac and I'm fairly certain there are none on iOS. I wouldn't think you have anything to worry about.

3. desireek thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for clear things up for me, like i said I'm a noob :)
    God to know, this mac world is new to me and this sync things are great! No more windows for me :)

4. aarond12 macrumors 65816

aarond12

@desireek: Are you referring to the recent news articles about Android phones infecting their Windows hosts with malware at sync? AcesHigh87 is right -- there is no way the iPhone can be affected the same way.