iPhone Possible to have iOS 8/Health-compatible version out before/by iOS 8 release?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by henryyinny, Sep 6, 2014.

1. henryyinny macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I'm the developer of a health app that tracks users' sleep data. I'd like to make it possible for us to share our data to iOS 8's Health app through HealthKit, prefereably at the time of iOS 8's release. I have two questions:

1. When can I start sending iOS 8/Health app-ready versions to Apple for approval? Now? Or after they announce the iOS 8 release date on 9/9? Will it be possible to have the version ready for sale by the time of iOS 8's release
    2. I remember when Passbook first launched, it had a link that sent users to App Store and showed all "Passbook-compatible apps". Will the same thing happen for Health? I assume it would be the logical thing to do user experience-wise...And it would be great for our app to get on that list. Would love to hear you guys' thoughts on this.

Thanks,
    Henry

2. Shawzborne macrumors 6502a

Shawzborne

1.I think you can probably start sending out now, if there is an issue apple will email you

2.i don't think this will be the case for the health app there is already little room for them to put a section for that.

Also a lot of the health apps require health hardware.

I'm sure every company would want to be on that list

3. gsingham macrumors 6502

You can only submit apps that use iOS 8 APIs once 9/9 has come and the GM has been seeded so you can test and see if it works with that.

4. henryyinny thread starter macrumors newbie