Possible to Install Applications before gifting Ipod Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tmod4eva, Jan 2, 2010.

1. tmod4eva macrumors newbie

Hello everyone and thank you for reading my post.

I have a certain dilemma that I was wondering could be answered.

I have a business in where I created a filemaker database and use an ipod touch to access that database and modify it on the fly without the need to be tethered to the computer. There is an application (from the itunes store) that another developer (not me) created which allows us to interact with our database and have the ability to modify.

Here in lies the dilemma, I was wondering if there is a way (without jailbreaking) that I would be able to buy iPod Touches, install the application and set everything up, prior to giving the iPods away to the clients that will be using them, yet still allowing the clients to go home and sync it to their computer without having to 'erase and sync' to their computer.

I hope this make sense.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

2. Boots- macrumors regular

I think the only thing you can do is to set up the iPod the way you wanted to and then click manually manage. That way they can plug their iPod into their computer without having to erase it. The downfall is they have to manually manage, which isn't that bad.

3. johnnyhow macrumors regular

The only realistic solution I can see is if you select the gift option in your iTunes account and gift the app to the itouch recipients.

4. pilotrtc macrumors regular

+1

5. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

When did it start you can gift apps? Just checked, still can't!