Possible to install only certain apps from iLife 08

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Naimfan, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

All--

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I searched and didn't find the answer.

Is it possible to only install certain applications (namely iWeb) from iLife 08 and to not install the rest? I've just returned from a One-on-One session at an Apple store, and iWeb seems to offer enough added functionality to be worth getting. However, I'm one of those people who think iMovie 08 is a (large) step backwards, and I've read here and heard from friends that iPhoto is not what it should be, so I'd like to be able to not install those two (or, come to think of it, iDVD).

Thanks in advance.

Bob

PS--I'm sure it's pretty obvious when you have the install discs in your drive, but I don't want to buy iLife 8 if I can't install only what I want.

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

yes you can. without a problem. although i'd say at least iPhoto is worth trying out too.

3. Naimfan thread starter macrumors 68040

Naimfan

Excellent! Thanks very much!

I'd have been very surprised to read otherwise, but I've been surprised before!

Bob

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

not a problem. when installing be sure to look for 'options' down at the bottom, which is where/when you can choose.