Possible to Install XP from Second Internal HDD?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by stumbletown, Apr 1, 2010.

1. stumbletown macrumors newbie

Trying to install Windows XP without an internal optical drive. I have two HDD within my MBP, so I'm wondering if I can bypass the USB issues by installing off the main SATA HDD to the HDD on the IDE bus (former home of my superdrive.) If I make a fat32 partition on my main harddrive (via bootcamp), add the XP install disc ISO to that partition and then boot from rEFIt, would I be able to the do the installation?

Would this work/can I make that fat32 partition bootable? Is there any easier solution I'm missing (maybe steal Macbook Air drivers)? Feedback is greatly appreciated, at my wits end here trying to figure this out and I need to get XP installed for the mcjob.

2. WorldWarrior macrumors newbie

This may help

Instead of using the external you are internal, so maybe the link below will help you. I have the same scenario and am going to try it but exchanging the external part with my second internal. then put it in the optical location in my MBP as a second HDD.

Cross Your fingers:

http://guides.macrumors.com/Boot_Camp_Windows_XP_On_External_Drive