Possible to JB and unlock 3.1.3(05.12.01) without using spirit?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by 101gerard, Jun 22, 2010.

1. 101gerard macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

Just as the title says - Is it possible yet to JB and unlock 3.1.3 with baseband 05.12.01 without using spirit?

I cannot use the spirit JB as i no not have the correct sim card to be able to use that tool,

I'm pretty sure the answer to this is NO, however i just want to confirm it,

thanks a lot for your help,

Ger.

2. definitive macrumors 68000

definitive

you can use pwnagetool for 3.1.3. as for unlock - i think ultrasn0w is what you'll need.

3. 101gerard thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Definitive,

Thanks a lot for the reply, however i'm pretty sure that this is the wrong answer,

maybe i did'nt give enough info with regards the phone,
    Its a 3GS - using f0recast i can see its on firmware 3.1.3. model MC133 and baseband 05.12.01
    serial number is ***30*******

Are you sure that pwnagetool will work??

Thanks a lot,

Ger.

additional info -- previously JB using blackra1n but then upgraded to 3.1.3 - so currently stuck at 'sim not activated screen'

4. 101gerard thread starter macrumors newbie

Please help!

Can someone please give me an answer here,

Can this phone be JB?

5. SavMBP15 macrumors 6502

6. 101gerard thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi SavMBP,

I have used snowbreeze 6.1 (as i dont have a mac), which as far as i know is the equivalent to PwnageTool,

However this fails, saying that my phone is not compatible,

Any ideas?

7. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

IF you have the old bootrom, and i think a week *** 30**** is, +have your 3.1.2 SHSH on file you can downgrade and JB with redsnow (which doesn't activate i think...) and restore to a custom hacktivated 3.1.2, 3.1.3, or 4.0.
    Unlock with Ultrasn0w from cydia.

Then again if you could get your hands on an official sim somehow it would make it all a lot easier.

8. SavMBP15 macrumors 6502

You must have a 3GS I take it. With the 3G pwnage will activate the phone for you I think.

9. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Dude, people have given you your answer. The only way to jailbreak your phone without Spirit is if you can downgrade to 3.1.2 or lower. To do this, you will have to have your 3.1.2 ECID SHSH saved (either in Cydia if your phone was previously jailbroken or through Umbrella). If you do not have your SHSH, then there is simply no way to jailbreak other than Spirit.

10. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

yes, as does the OP...Pwnage will activate a 3Gs, but i wasn't sure about redsn0w

11. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Any jailbreak tool but Spirit (which is a userland baseband incapable of changing the activation flag at boot) can hacktivate.

12. 101gerard thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the reply's - i dont have my SHSH saved unfortunately,
    So i guess all i can do is wait until another tool comes out,

Thanks for your help,

Ger.

13. drifter666 macrumors newbie

dude why not barrow a friends sim card pop it in your phone and do the spirit dance then give it back to him? not that hard doesn't even have to be another iphone just a sim for the carrier for iphone? wouldn't that work? just have them back up their contacts just in case

14. 101gerard thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah have wished that i could do this alright,
    however the phone is locked to Orange network in the uk and i am in Ireland - So am out of luck unfortunately - cheers for the tip anyways

15. 101gerard thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

I managed to buy an iphone activation card from ebay, so i got the phone activated, jailbroken (spirit) and unlocked (ultrasnow), - thrilled

I was trying to save my SHSH so that this does not occur to me again, however i understand that i have to have 4.0.1 installed on my 3gs in order to do this (tinyumbrella)

Is there another way for me to backup my SHSH or a way for me to update to 4.0.1???

thanks a lot,

Ger.

16. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

You do not have to have 4.0.1 on your phone to use TinyUmbrella to get your 4.0.1 SHSH on file. Just run download TinyUmbrella, extract the application file to your desktop or HD, plug your phone in, open TinyUmbrella, and click "Get My SHSH."

17. 101gerard thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the reply, you cleared up the confusion i had,

anyways i have it saved now both locally and on cydia,

thanks a million,

Ger.