iPhone possible to manually remove a rogue photo?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Troneas, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Troneas macrumors 65816

Troneas

i have this "rogue" photo on my phone product of an earlier bad sync with itunes. its inside an "event" named after the date it was created.

the photo has been removed many months ago in my macs itunes but it wont go away in my phone. resetting my phone or disabling "iphoto sync" will not prevent the photo from re-emerging once i sync again.

i have found the photo file in my mac and removed it manually.

i also tried using iExplorer but it won't give me the option to delete the file in my phone.

i am using iOS 6.1.1 evasi0n 1.4

thanks.

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

3. Troneas thread starter macrumors 65816

Troneas

can someone tell me if it actually works?

not to keen on spending $4 on an overpriced app that may or may not be able to delete a photo.

thanks.

4. Samanosuke macrumors 6502

iFile is a file manager it works really well and one of my most used apps. I always thought iFile was free...

5. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The trial is free, but it isn't a timed trial. The paid version has more abilities than the trial version.

6. Samanosuke macrumors 6502

May I ask what functions it has beyond the trial?

7. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The search function, multiple browsing windows, and web sharing functions. There might be more, but those are the things I know of.

8. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

It works just fine as a free app. If you buy it you can link to Dropbox and other cloud services. I bought it solely for the Dropbox purpose. I can drop files directly into Dropbox and move them on to my iPhone using iFile.

Additionally (and this part is free), iFile has a trash can. If you trash a file, you can recover it until you empty the trash.

9. Brandon0448 macrumors 6502

Brandon0448

iFile is definitely worth the $4. You can delete the file directly off your phone through the app, you just have to find it. You should be able to do it with the trial but I'm not sure. I bought the app long ago.

You can also use OpenSSH or Netatalk to access your phone's files through your computer. They are both free and work great.