Possible to move Menu on iWeb?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Winstonp, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Winstonp macrumors 6502a

Winstonp

Hey all, I'm trying to make a website with iWeb, and for some reason I can't move that darned menu bar on the top of all the templates. I am using the "modern frame" template.

Really, I just want to put a banner above the menu, but for some reason I can't figure out how to do it. Any ideas?

Thanks!

2. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

You can't move the navigation bar nor change the font. The easiest thing to do is "fake it" by not using the navigation bar & creating your own with links to your various pages like this page.

3. LynnG macrumors newbie

moving menu

I looked at your site via the link you provided. That is really cool. What I would like to know is how did you get that fabulous calendar in there? I would love to add a calendar to my site.

4. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

That calendar is an online subscription through Communication Resources. One of the members of our church updates it weekly.

5. johnnyprc macrumors newbie

Fix for you

Hey, if all you are trying to do is add a "banner" above the menu, just start with a "Theme" that features a banner above?? You can change everything after that to match any of the other pages...

For instance - the "Freestyle" theme has what you are looking for. That said, I wish Apple would fix this. I think iWeb is a great program, but they could make it just a little more sophisticated and it would be nearly perfect for quick sites.

Johnny

6. vikkimac macrumors newbie

You can always go to the page inspector and deselect "include page in navigator". Or deselect "show navigation" (I think that's what it says.)
    Voila!:D