Possible to mute iphone ringer when wearing AW?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ahwman, Jul 7, 2016.

1. ahwman macrumors member

Just wondering if it's possible to mute the iPhone ringer (incoming phone calls) when wearing an Apple Watch. It just seems odd that ringtones like notifications wouldn't be muted on the phone when you're wearing an Apple Watch...

2. zhaoxin macrumors regular

Maybe Apple thinks it is easier for you to find the phone when you want to answer the call through iPhone other than the Watch.

3. TallGuyGT macrumors regular

TallGuyGT

Maybe I'm not understanding your question, but doesn't the iPhone mute switch accomplish what you want? You'll still get notifications/calls on your wrist, which you can choose to answer on your phone.

Unless I'm home, I'm wearing my watch so I set the iPhone to mute. I have notifications customized so I get "tapped" on the wrist for things I consider important, and the rest can wait.

4. ahwman thread starter macrumors member

I hear you, however in my case, I would probqbly forget to mute/unmute my iPhone and it would just be a bigger hassle. It's not a big deal, however since we can see who is calling by simply glancing at our wrist, I would think we would have the option for incoming calls to behave the same way as incoming iPhone alerts. Just a thought...

5. albertsw macrumors regular

If you put your palm over the watches screen it will mute the incoming call on both the watch and the phone.

6. BarracksSi macrumors 68040

BarracksSi

Whenever I wear my AW, I switch my phone to silent. I've also turned off the vibrate feature on the phone -- I've noticed that I despise the *buzz buzz buzz* sound, especially now that it's not always required.