Possible to not display album artwork on locked screen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dcbo89, Dec 31, 2008.

1. dcbo89 macrumors member

I dont want the album artwork to show up when I am on my locked screen and I want by wallpaper to shine through

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

So you stop playing music then.

3. dcbo89 thread starter macrumors member

if that's the best you can come up with my guess of where apple users fall on my IQ chart. You are pathetic and shouldnt post.

I want it to show the wallpaper when I'M PLAYING MUSIC, if there was someway to not transfer the album artwork in the first place, but I cant find an option anywhere for that

4. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

The only way will be to go through your tracks in iTunes and delete the album artwork manually, and then resync your iPod. However, if you want to retain the artwork in iTunes, then set your iPod to manually manage music and videos, and then only delete the artwork from the tracks on the iPod.

5. dcbo89 thread starter macrumors member

whats the point of a background if its never there. Hell, I'd be happy if it was just behind the icons but no apple has to leave out one of the most basic and simple mechanics.

6. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

I guess some people find it useful. I have many tracks of the same name (curse you, The Beatles Anthology), so it's nice to be able to see what album is playing (if it's on shuffle, clearly :p) without having to unlock it.

BUT I do like my wallpaper, and I wish it could be viewable all the time so, yeah, I share your opinion exactly.