Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Marco123

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 14, 2012
i have tried to buy a few Mac pros on eBay but they always sell for a price to close to a new one so its not worth the risk to me.
But I would like to pay half of a new one and finance the rest but Apple checkout doesn't half this option, is it possible to do this?
Thanks.

zombiecakes

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2012
theres no reason to do that, its just a new credit card, you can pay off half the balance right away if you want and it would have the same effect, but theres no reason to do that either, just set up automatic monthly payments to pay off the balance within the 0% interest timeframe

Marco123

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 14, 2012
Apologies, I should have stated I live in the uk and apple don't offer 0% through the website. They don't seem to offer part lump sum payment either.

James3000

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2015
Apologies, I should have stated I live in the uk and apple don't offer 0% through the website. They don't seem to offer part lump sum payment either.

I bought mine in the UK a few weeks ago. You can definitely pay a lump sum then pay the rest monthly, although it is credit so you do pay a bit of interest. You can either do it through Barclays or PayPal. Both are the same really although I had to do mine through Barclays for some reason which I can no longer remember.

I bought mine in store but I'm sure you can also do it through the website (I think I had it all set up online but then decided to go into the store instead). If you get problems trying to do it online, pop in to one of the stores and they'll definitely be able to do it for you. Please remember to TAKE 2 FORMS OF ID because they won't do the finance otherwise. I took a drivers licence and a passport, but if you don't have those then call them and double check what's acceptable.

Marco123

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 14, 2012
Thanks for the help James.
I just tried to do it online but I can't see any optioned to pay part of it cash and then the rest Barclays finance.

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
i have tried to buy a few Mac pros on eBay but they always sell for a price to close to a new one so its not worth the risk to me.
But I would like to pay half of a new one and finance the rest but Apple checkout doesn't half this option, is it possible to do this?
Thanks.
I know this isn't the place, and I don't personally know you, but I'd venture to say this is a bad financial decision.

If you cannot afford the computer, save up and buy it outright. Credit is very rarely a good idea.

Last edited:

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
Thanks for the help James.
I just tried to do it online but I can't see any optioned to pay part of it cash and then the rest Barclays finance.

They don't have that option, but you do have the option of financing the whole purchase, and then paying half the balance to Barclays straight away.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.