Possible to refund to gift card?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by samuelk0814, Nov 13, 2013.

1. samuelk0814 macrumors member

Long story short, my rMBP has a few problems that I can't get over so I would like to return it. Is it possible to refund in-store for a gift-card (instead of having money go back into bank)?
    Also when I exchange will they just do a swap or will they charge me again?

2. PDFierro macrumors 68040

I've had Apple offer to give me store credit for a return, but I declined and chose to get the money back. Not sure if that would be in gift card form or not.

3. FrozenDarkness macrumors 65816

i mean i'd imagine unless it's a gift, they would find it shady dyou would not want money back...

4. johnnylarue macrumors 6502a

Yes--in fact it was suggested that I do that to speed up the exchange process for my rMBP.

I've got a BTO machine--an online purchase--and the sales rep suggested return my computer to an Apple Store and take the refund on a Gift Card, and then simply reorder and pay for it with said card.

Having it refunded to my credit card instead would have taken about a week.

5. samuelk0814 thread starter macrumors member

Sorry I meant store credit not gift card but I guess that's a yes.
    Thanks to all who responded

6. chrysek macrumors newbie

every store will offer you store credit, they prefer store credit rather than giving back the money... look if you gave me the cash I would rather keep it and give you something in exchange rather than pull out that cash back, they want your cash, they dont want to give it back so dont worry, you just perfect customer for them :)