Possible to reinstall package after deleting?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Gilly Gil, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Gilly Gil macrumors regular

I deleted www.xsellise.com from packages. Is there any way to reinstall or would i have to rejailbreak? I keep getting erros in cydia and its running sluggish. Any help is appreciated.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You deleted it from sources not packages.
    Can you just add it again? What error are you getting?

3. Gilly Gil thread starter macrumors regular

photo (2).PNG

This is the error i'm getting. It was deleted from the packages area. It had something to do i believe with cydia icons from xsellise.

4. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

5. Gilly Gil thread starter macrumors regular

what are you talking about? i am not stealing anything from cydia. Check your phone and go under packages there is a
    package there that says cydia XSELLISE icons or something to that effect. I am not talking about the SOURCE cydia.xsellize.com. I buy all my apps which have only been 2. MYWI and navigate from maps. If your not gonna be helpful why post cool guy?

The reason im in this mess is because i deleted it thinking it had something to do with the source. It comes installed when you jailbreak.

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Xsellize doesn't come pre-installed and is not a package. You deleted the source www.cydia.xsellize.com, although the errors you're getting suggest xsellize is just down. You'll get errors like that all the time.

7. Gilly Gil thread starter macrumors regular

Aggie,
    If you look at the Photo i posted, it says Cydia.xselliSe.com not
    Cydia.xsellize.com I don't believe the 2 are related.

8. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

There's a cache file somewhere which stores all the Cydia repos that you have installed. Sometimes it isn't cleaned out even when you delete the source from the Cydia app itself.

I would suggest that you delete that file. I'm pretty sure there's a thread about it on these forums...

9. Gilly Gil thread starter macrumors regular

Lucifiel, thanks for your help and everyone else. I reinstalled all the sources that are prepackaged when jailbreaking and rebooted the phone and it has fixed it. I had installed Xsellize.com a few days ago and deleted it once i realized half the apps there are stolen. I fully support the devs in both the apple store and cydia and purchase all my apps. Thanks for everyones help.

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I just JB a 3GS and these are the only sources preinstalled thru cydia below:
    BigBoss
    ModMyi.com
    repo666.ultrasnow.com
    telesporeo tangelo
    zodttd & MacCiti
    Thats it.

What you have listed above is failed to fetch www.xsellise.com
    failed to fetch cydia.xsellise.com
    failed to fetch www.cydia.xsellise.com

These are not repos or packages that come with cydia and I dont see cydia XSELLISE icons because I never had that repo installed or its package icons.
    The reason its displaying xselliSe and other variations is because when you tried to install it you probably mistyped it.
    End of story, what you do with your phone and sources you install is your business but when asking for help you should at least try to be honest so we can try to help you.
    Those errors dont just appear on their own and they dont come preinstalled with cydia.

11. Gilly Gil thread starter macrumors regular

what are you talking about, i never said anything dishonest in this post. if i thought that was there in the first place it probably because when i did install xsellize, that is when i starting having the errors. and your right, i did misspell it the first time i typed it in which is why that was happening. Thanks for your help but i wasn't being dishonest about anything. i was being accused of dl ing hacked apps which i have not done.

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I never said you said or did anything dishonest. Im just saying I dont care what you do with your iphone or your personal life choices.
    Im just saying those errors are coming and will continue because you tried adding a repo that doesnt exist. So on those 3 occasions you misspelled it thats the reason for those errors. You gotta be extra carefull when adding sources and check 3-4 times the address and spelling before you click "add Source"

13. Gilly Gil thread starter macrumors regular

Your right and i will pay more attention to that. Thanks for all your help.:)

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You're welcome.
    There is a way to delete all sources added on cydia so you can get rid of all these error messages thru ssh but cant remember what files and where you have to edit them of the top of my head. Maybe someone else can point you to the exact step by step on how to do it.
    Good night everyone.

15. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

The file to edit on your iPhone is:

/etc/apt/sources.list.d/cydia.list

Use iFile if you have it. If you don't have iFile, it is a must! Just delete the offending repo. Or you can download the file to your local computer, edit it, and upload it back up .

S-

16. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

Because I'm in such a helpful mood the files are here I think:

/private/var/lib/apt/lists

Then you can delete it all the files in there EXCEPT the partial subfolder.

There may also be a preference file that needs deleting, but try that first and see how it goes.

I haven't got a phone that has been JB'd yet so I can't actually help (recent upgrade from iPhone 3G to iPhone 4...)

17. Gilly Gil thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks everyone for your help. I did a search for cydia errors after Applejuiced suggestion and i came upon this, which is what your guys are showing me. Looks like i hadn't actually fixed the problem with reinstalling the repos and rebooting.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=804834&highlight=errors+cydia

I followed the instructions using win scp and sure indeed the 3 files where there i deleted them and saved it. All of your help has been much appreciated. Thank You very much.

18. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

Wrong place......

User added repos are here:

/etc/apt/sources.list.d/cydia.list

S-

19. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

Hah, there you go. I do remember there was something I was missing.

I'll be sure to keep this in mind when i fiddle with this again.

20. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

And there you have it from our nice members here at MR:D