Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bathplug

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
Some apps require a charge to remove the ads and some your just stuck with the ads. Is there a jailbreak tweak to remove them?

Thanks

Cooolpenner

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2011
The most apps just show some ads, when you're connected to the internet. So try to play them offline. Or otherwise buy the 'no-ads-version' ;)

LoganT

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2007
Thanks but I tried that before and it didn't work.

no

Cmon really? do you block popups on your pc?

Nope, my browser does. ;)

That's not really the same. The OP in it's original post said

Some apps require a charge to remove the ads

It's the way a lot of applications in the App Store work. Free with ads or pay this fee to remove the ads. With this, you are getting the App without ads, for free.

I mean honestly, how do you think Developers make money when they offer their app for free?

Bathplug

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
The most apps just show some ads, when you're connected to the internet. So try to play them offline. Or otherwise buy the 'no-ads-version' ;)

The app is a tv guide app with no option for pro version of option to pay to remove the ads.

I mean honestly, how do you think Developers make money when they offer their app for free?

They should just offer their apps at a price then or a free demo version with half the features of the payed version. All the ads I've see are garbage, intrusive waste of space. I highly doubt anyone bothers to click them as they don't offer anything useful at all.

iMacBooked

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2013
4 8 15 16 23 42 ✈
Lol, reviving a 3 year old thread.. Well you could always use AdBlockerNetworks, this tweak often works, but know that by using it you take away some well deserved revenue of the developers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.