Possible to repair bright spot from MacBook Air display?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Ternary, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Ternary, Jan 11, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2017

Ternary macrumors regular

I recently noticed that there's a bright spot on my MacBook Air's display that can be quite distracting when scrolling through white-background Webpages.

Since the warranty is gone, I was wondering if there's a way to repair this without getting a new display. I saw this guide, which suggests using a suction cup "to bend the aluminum of the MacBook’s display back to where it should be." Is there anyone else here that would endorse this? Or is there another method? Or is it time to get used to this bright spot?

Note: The bright spot is not from the Apple logo in the back.

2. Macgyver1 macrumors member

Macgyver1

Sun glasses?

You might just have something in that article, sounds very(scary) risky though. If your technically capable of removing your own lcd panel, you can assess the anomaly in that way. If there are pressure points from the case, you can always push the deformaties from the inside out(if accessible).

If you run your fingers along the case, you may be able to feel indents that aren't readily visible.

Can't help but to feel like I'm giving you bad advise, just sayin'. I think I'm used to the bright spot already.

Best