Possible to resize 190 images simultaneously?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by travisap, Jul 18, 2009.

1. travisap macrumors newbie

In iMovie 06 I've experienced a large reduction in image quality when making a slideshow and using the ken burns effect.

The camera I use is the Olympus Stylus 1010, taking pictures at a resolution of 2,560 x 1,920. I understand that the images are scaled down significantly after being introduced to iMovie but how can I change this? Do I have to individually change the resolution of each picture prior to importing them? With 190 pictures that would take a while...

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

3. travisap thread starter macrumors newbie

I have Mac OS X 10.4.11 and my automator is slightly different though I was still able to use it- sort of. It only worked on a few select images, not the majority of the ones from my camera. It did work on the images I downloaded from the internet. They are all JPG image files...

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Hmm ... If all the files are jpgs ... are the ones from your camera still on the camera, or are they on the Mac?

5. travisap thread starter macrumors newbie

I was adding the folder to the workflow... not the individual pictures themselves! Hah my bad. Thanks for your help though I have 1 more question.

What is the best resolution size for pictures to appear decent in iMovie 06? 1024? 768?

6. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

What size is the video going to be?

Standard definition or high definition? If HD, then 720 or 1080?

7. travisap thread starter macrumors newbie

Probably standard and high definition. The video will be displayed on a tube tv and also on my laptop.

8. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

If you going to use 1080p - they should be 1920x1080.

720p - 1280x720

SD - 720x480

9. travisap thread starter macrumors newbie