iPad Possible to restore back to iOS 6 after update to iOS 7?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by RokkenRock, Sep 18, 2013.

1. RokkenRock macrumors member

I think the title pretty much says it all. My better half is usually reluctant to update anything to the latest, while I, needless to say, tend to update right away.

We have an iPad 4 that I really want to update to iOS 7 after using it on my 4S for a week, but I´ve read some discouraging threads about decreased performance and bugs with iOS 7 on iPad. Since it is mostly she that uses our iPad most, I wonder if it is possible to restore the device back to iOS 6 when things are not going well with iOS 7 on iPad.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Not with Apple signing the SHSH blobs for iOS 6.1.3. They'll only be signing them for a few more hours to a few more days.

3. RokkenRock thread starter macrumors member

So do you think it is safe to try it out just for a couple of days and still be able to fall back when it is necessary?

4. tiguanito macrumors member

Have installed iOS7 on my iPad 4. It doesn't work well (lags, etc). It's like a Beta version.
    I'm currently trying to restore it to iOS6

5. MacDevil7334 macrumors 6502a

MacDevil7334

I will be surprised if Apple is still signing iOS 6 tomorrow morning. I'm a little surprised they haven't stopped signing it already.

6. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

They may stop signing it with in a few hours of this posting. Resulting it you never being able to go back.

7. RokkenRock thread starter macrumors member

8. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

No

9. GlenK macrumors 6502a

GlenK

Glad I checked here first. Will hold off for a while.

10. tiguanito macrumors member

I could restore it to iOS6 (but can't activate it yet because the servers are busy).
    They should keep signing iOS6 for the iPad, or a lot of people will be angry.

----------

Don't worry, you only have to use it during 30 min before you decide to fall back :D

11. RokkenRock thread starter macrumors member

I think I need to post an update to this thread. I finally decided to take the plunge and update our iPad to iOS 7, and it's been a blast so far. It's running as smooth as butter so far and it doesn't seem to have the gesture bug some talked up here. Knock on wood hope it stays this way.