Possible to restore from previous iCloud Backup?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mrbostick, Oct 16, 2011.

1. mrbostick macrumors newbie

My fiancee was eligible for upgrade so luckily I took her new 4s for myself and gave her my old 4. We purchased at the Apple store and then immediately went to ATT store for what is called a "cross grade"

All was fine and dandy until I got home to my home wifi hoping to restore the new 4s from my iCloud back up. The damn phone had already stored its own backup to iCloud, losing my original from earlier in the day. Somewhere in the process of switching sim cards the damn phone had already stored its own backup to iCloud, losing my original from earlier in the day. The last backup from iTunes was no help either.

It there a way to see a list of old backups in iCloud and then restore from that time machine style?

Thanks for the input.

-CB

2. lukeh182 macrumors newbie

See this link http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1766

My guess is you would need to wipe the device and start over. As you can see it should give you the option to restore from the previous THREE backups.

I had a similar issue only it involved LooneyTunes erasing all my apps:mad:

3. Jman13 macrumors 68000

I know that iCloud will keep your old backup. When I gave my 4 to my wife, I noticed that my iCloud storage was very full. I actually bought 10GB more before realizing why...I had 4GB still in there from my iPhone 4 backup. As soon as I had a full 4GB backup for my 4S, I deleted my 4 backup (my wife has her own now).