Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sbn

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 5, 2015
I ordered a new MBP using the back to school campaign and got a par of promotional Beats Solo 3. Still waiting to receive the MBP.

I know that apple offer the headphones "free of charge" in the campaign, but the invoice states that I pay 2300 DKK (360 USD) for the headphones. And then I get a 2300 DKK discount on the laptop itself.

So - if the invoice states that I have paid 2300 DKK for the headphones, could I then return the headphones and get a refund of 2300 DKK? That price is 50% more than other retail stores charge in Denmark, so I think it's a better deal than selling them privately.

Have anybody returned the promotional headphones and got a refund for their price?

mtneer

macrumors 68040
Sep 15, 2012
Well then you'd lose your "discount" on the laptop, isn't it? Instead why wouldn't you sell it on Craigslist or to a friend below retail price and get your money that way?

sbn

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 5, 2015
Well then you'd lose your "discount" on the laptop, isn't it? Instead why wouldn't you sell it on Craigslist or to a friend below retail price and get your money that way?

That's why I'm asking if it's possible to return them and get a refund of their value :)

According to the invoice, I paid 2300 DKK for these. Selling them to a friend might bring me 50% of that price...

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
So - if the invoice states that I have paid 2300 DKK for the headphones,
If your invoice looks like mine then you'll have the headphone cost (in my case 299.95) and a -299.95 credit to offset the cost.
2018-07-21_19-09-46.png

So if you return the headphones, both the cost and credit will be removed and thus the net effect will be 0. This isn't Apple's first rodeo, so there's no gaming the system to get ahead.

Reactions: SDColorado

sbn

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 5, 2015
I think I'll call apple as soon as I got the laptop. The Return button on the order page says that returns of promo items cannot be done online.

A thing that annoys me, is that the value of the laptop is declared as 2300 DKK lower than the price I paid (because of the headphones). I'm doing freelance work (including teaching), and wanted to deduct tax of the laptop value - but maybe I'll deduct the headphones value as well, then...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.