Possible to return UTD SL disc?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by rgarjr, Aug 30, 2009.

1. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

We all know Apple screwed us UTD customers by delaying our shipping and using snail mail. Some of us have went out during the weekend and got the 29 dollar SL instead.

So I was wondering if it would be possible to just return that UTD whenever it arrives. Is it sealed some sort?

2. bill5000 macrumors newbie

Screwed how?

It's half price and post paid.
    Screwed how, exactly?

My order for UTD said "shipping 28 Aug" before I placed it. It did ship on the 28th- so no surprises there.

3. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Did you read the terms and conditions of the UTD offer? Nothing was guaranteed delivery by the Friday.

4. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

You can't return something you got for free. The $9.95 you paid was for shipping, you can't get the shipping refunded.

5. rgarjr thread starter macrumors 603

rgarjr

why is shipping 10 bucks? :eek: I think I'll just keep it since it's not much.

6. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

You don't have a choice mate. I hope that was a rhetorical question.

7. Jack Flash macrumors 65816

You could sell it on eBay; wouldn't be the right thing to do, but I'm sure you could.

8. Lordedmond macrumors regular

You did not have to go out and buy a copy

9. Luis Ortega macrumors 6502a

Shipping and handling is always a scam to get more money from a mail order buy. Look at all the tv ads for stuff that are always $19.99 plus shipping and handling, and then the (but wait, there's more!) extra set they give you incurs yet another round of shipping and handling charges.

If you are mad at apple, you could always johnny appleseed your disk around to all your friends, but I suspect that sharing your "free" disk is against their rules.

10. pooryou macrumors 65816

There's no way that 'shipping' cost more than a dollar.

11. Koncdead macrumors newbie

Wanna bet?

12. zw-gator macrumors 6502a

zw-gator

I agree, Apple is getting huge volume discounts on shipping. Combine handling charges and I say it costs Apple no more then $5 a disc to ship.

13. thepro8 macrumors member

thepro8

No refunds on UTD. I know its tough waiting for the upgrade, but apple isn't screwing you. Would you rather a company not even offer a UTD program and just make everyone pay full price? Not too big of a deal this time because there is only $20 difference in price, but what if Apple charge more for their OS????