Possible To Reverse Jailbreak?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Vick77, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Vick77 macrumors member

Hi, I'm selling my iPhone next week and having stored financial details on it I'd like the peace of mind that it will be securely erased. Having looked online it seems the only methods of ensuring complete erases require first Jailbreaking the iPhone...

Therefore I was wondering if it's possible to restore the iPhone to the state it is atm, never been jailbroken before.

p.s. Is this method the only way? Is there any other method which doesn't require jailbreaking?

Thanks
    V

2. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

No you don't.

Simply do a secure wipe and restore via iTunes.

P.S. the scure wipe is in the iPhone Settings.

3. Vick77 thread starter macrumors member

aaah right, I've seen the secure wipe and heard it will take approx. 1 hour, which is no problem.

My only concern is from things I've read stating that "secure wipe" isn't actuly that secure at all ...is that correct? Or am I being overly cautious lol

Thanks for the reply

4. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

Secure wipe does a good job. It will take some expensive software to recover the data. Chances are the person you sell to will not know how to recover the data.

5. Vick77 thread starter macrumors member

aaah I see, well that has put my mind to rest, thanks so much for your help :)

6. macfanboy macrumors 6502a

you might want to restore to factory settings first then secure-wipe. i tried secure-wipe from my jailbroken device and it ended up going into a neverending boot screen