Possible to save files to Dropbox?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by OrangeCuse44, Feb 24, 2010.

1. OrangeCuse44 macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

To keep this short and sweet this is what I want to do: I have Transmission (on my Mac) set to start a download automatically when a torrent file is added to a specific Dropbox folder. Is there any way (by use of plugins or Cydia apps) to download a torrent file and save it to a Dropbox folder on the iPhone?

2. GLOC macrumors member

Not as far I know. To save a file on the iPhone you have to make it a favourite within the DropBox app and this changes the database parameters. I have tried copying a file using iFile from the iPhone to Dropbox but Dropbox doesn't recognise it.

Regards

3. foob macrumors 6502

foob

After you download it on the phone, I think the only thing you can do is send it to your computer through other means. You can send it with ssh or send it to a dedicated email address that the Mac checks or something.

4. jnestore macrumors newbie

If you enable the web interface for Transmission, it has an option to open a file. That open dialog has the option to enter a URL. You can copy a torrent URL and paste it in that box. Once you hit go, it will start downloading the torrent file.

That's the only way I could figure to get around this issue.