Possible to set up plan at AT&T store..?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jmango, Jun 27, 2009.

1. jmango macrumors newbie

My family is planning to switch from Verizon to AT&T soon. My dad and I both want the iPhone 3GS. Unfortunately, all our AT&T stores are out of stock of the iPhone. Would it be possible to set up our account at the AT&T store and purchase the iPhone at an Apple Retail store afterwards? We're not quite sure how to go about it.

Thanks!

2. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

You should be able to set up the plan at an Apple store.

Or, call (visit) your AT&T store. You might be able to set it up there too without the phones.

3. jmango thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, we are also adding two extra lines to a FamilyTalk plan that aren't iPhones. Is that still possible to have set up at the Apple Store?

4. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

No, but you can go ahead and get the iPhones at the Apple store, and then add the other two lines at the AT&T store. You don't have to do it all at the same time.

5. jmango thread starter macrumors newbie

What if we plan on keeping our numbers from VZW? Can they port our numbers at the Apple store?

Sorry for all the questions, btw!

6. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

Yes, they should be able to. If not, then you can port them later at the AT&T store.

7. jmango thread starter macrumors newbie

8. jmango thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh, and one more question. My mom gets a discount for our bill, I think? Would we be able to apply that if we purchase at the Apple store when setting up our account?

9. dave006 macrumors 68020

You can't apply it at the Apple store but you can just drop by an AT&T Corp retail store and have it added. Your mom can also added it via the web if she has an email address at her employer. She can use the following link one an AT&T account is setup.

Confirmation link: https://www.wireless.att.com/business/enrollment/

Dave

10. jmango thread starter macrumors newbie