Possible to share iBooks library?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by 617arg, Jun 30, 2011.

1. 617arg macrumors 6502

I just recently got an iPad and have a bunch of PDF's in iBooks which were transferred over from my iPhone. Now I'd like to start using an app to mark up some of them but it seems like the files then want to "live" in that app as well as iBooks. This seems like it will eat up space fast as some of my PDF's are 3000+ pages long.

So far I've tried out Evernote, PDF Expert and just downloaded DocAS. Am I right that these apps create a new file, or is there a way to have them use the default iBooks library rather than make a copy?

Thanks for any input.

2. soco macrumors 68030

soco

Of course :) I do this with a friend of mine. We're both reading through the Game of Thrones series.

3. MacProDude macrumors member

Heh. So, are you actually reading the books or just the covers? :D

4. 617arg thread starter macrumors 6502

I understand that you can share a library between devices, but can you share one between apps on the same device?

5. jeffkempster macrumors member

No the pdfs must "live" in the app. I use good reader for iPad. It is both a library manager and PDF markup app. You could just transfer all the PDFs to good reader and then they would be in one place.

Also good reader can attach to network file systems like google docs or dropbox. If the storage gets to be too much them move some of the files there.