Possible to solely use ipad for photo work stream?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by KettyKrueger, Dec 24, 2011.

1. KettyKrueger macrumors 6502

KettyKrueger

Hi all,

Is there anyway to get my photos (which have been edited on my iPad) from my iPad/iPhone into iPhoto and retain the original?

Also, is there an app out the that can batch rename photos on the iPad?

I'm basically trying to do all my photo work on my iPad instead of tapping into my Mac Mini via Splashtop. I just want to rename the files according to the their date and time from the exif, simple edits in the Photo app, then import into iPhoto.

Is this possible?

Many thanks for your help

2. Designer Dale, Dec 24, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2011

Designer Dale macrumors 68040

Designer Dale

When I sync my iPad with my laptop, any photos that aren't already in Aperture are imported to my computer. I woulvd expect iPhoto to do the same. These are usually saved photos from the Net, though. My iPad has no camera.

Renaming photos on the iPad seems to be impossible. I have some photo apps that might do this, but I have to look after I post this.

Dale

EDIT: Photo Manager Pro might do what you want. It will name and caption photos and make folders. You can transfer photos by wifi. Look it up on the App Store. I don't have the link.

3. KettyKrueger thread starter macrumors 6502

KettyKrueger

Thanks. I've downloaded that app, but it's not really up to the job.

At a minimum, I just want to edit on my iPad and then carry those changes as well as the original file over into iPhoto. There must be a way!

4. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

If you're using iCloud all your images including edits should also show in your photo stream in iPhoto. As long as you save your edits to your camera roll.

Also any time you sync anything new which an edited picture would be, will sync also. Am I missing something?

5. KettyKrueger thread starter macrumors 6502

KettyKrueger

But I don't think photos in the photo stream are full res, they are 'optimized'.