Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Luis2004

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2012
I think you are getting a lack of help because a quick perusal of the jailbreak section of the forums would tell you that 6.1.3 is NOT jailbreakable and that would have taken you about 30 seconds to find out.

At least a lot less time than it took to make this thread and wait for a response.

MacChinoNyc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 14, 2008
Oh don't worry I have patience. Reason I made this thread is to find out if I buy the iphone5 now are they coming with 6.1.3? Or is there a chance ,specifically at&t, arent coming with 6.1.3 yet.

jonAppleSeed

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2013
Oh don't worry I have patience. Reason I made this thread is to find out if I buy the iphone5 now are they coming with 6.1.3? Or is there a chance ,specifically at&t, arent coming with 6.1.3 yet.

They don't come with 6.1.3 installed. They come with whatever version they come with, which would be < 6.1.3

When you turn it on it will ask you to install iOS >= 6.1.3 which can't be jail broken.

MacChinoNyc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 14, 2008
Thanks, now just wondering if I can use this coming from a nexus 4. I got the iPhone 5 around launch but always end up giving it to family, I'm the nice guy. Biggest attraction t the iPhone 5 for me is the camera as the nexus 4 camera stinks especially low light.

jonAppleSeed

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2013
Thanks, now just wondering if I can use this coming from a nexus 4. I got the iPhone 5 around launch but always end up giving it to family, I'm the nice guy. Biggest attraction t the iPhone 5 for me is the camera as the nexus 4 camera stinks especially low light.

Use this coming from Nexus 4? What do you mean by that?

I use a Nexus 4 as well, but I always carry around my Sony RX-100 with me.
A good camera for me in a smartphone is not a make it or break it decision.

MacChinoNyc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 14, 2008
Re: Possible to still buy an iphone5 and jb it?

I respect your opinion but for me it does make or break my decision. I definitely don't want to carry a spare camera. I've always liked the form factor of the iPhone 5 as well. Also just want a functional phone, as you know with the nexus 4 at least for me I'm constantly tweaking flashing nightlies on a daily.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.