Possible to still get Unlimited Data on iPad 3G?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by WiiDSmoker, Jan 1, 2011.

1. WiiDSmoker macrumors 65816

WiiDSmoker

2. thoryamaha919 macrumors member

I have been interested in this my self and I have looked everywhere and have been unable to find nothing on the subject. So as far as I can tell 2GB is gonna be the max you can get.

The only thing I saw that may work is if you are able to get a SIM card from a person who has bought the iPad be June 6th and then you have to have them give you all the account info so that AT&T can transfer it. Other than that I dont think there is anything you can do.

3. darngooddesign macrumors G3

4. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

Nope, well actually it is only limited by your checking account now.

5. jdcell100 macrumors regular

Only way to do it is buy one which already had unlimited plan on it and the person who you bought it off of would have to let you see there account so you can switch the credit card info only way I could see this happen if you where buying from a good friend or family member

6. dave006 macrumors 68020

Transferring an existing iPad unlimited data plan is very easy. The seller just needs to update the account to change the email address and as long as you have a few days, I would suggest 4-7 days or more before the auto renewal charge to the credit card. It is very easy to update the credit card for the next month's charge.

I often see it done with a prepaid Visa card that has $30 loaded on it to protect both parties if there is any privacy concerns and the use of a free Gmail or Hotmail email account for the exchange.

Dave

7. jona2125 macrumors regular

theres no hack like the iphone unlimited data plan hack

8. M87 macrumors 65816

I had the first gen iPad 3G with unlimited, but cancelled it because I hadn't been using it. I still have the sim card, would it be possible for me to get the unlimited plan again?

9. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

nope...you're now in the same boat as the rest of us.