Possible to Switch fn and option Keys?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by theppo, Jun 30, 2009.

  1. theppo macrumors newbie

    Jun 30, 2009
    I just purchased a MacBook Pro. With no dedicated Home, End, Page Up, and Page Down buttons, I use fn + arrow keys. This means that I use the fn key frequently--certainly more often than the option key. However, these buttons are on opposite sides of the keyboard, which is inconvenient. I would like to know, is there any software which switches the fn and option keys? I would love to be able to use the fn key with my right hand.

    Any help would be appreciated.
  2. mrchinchilla macrumors 6502


    Mar 6, 2009
    Sys Pref~ > Keyboard and Mouse > Keyboard tab > "Modifier Keys..."
  3. kolax macrumors G3

    Mar 20, 2007
    I believe pressing CMD will also work for certain things.
  4. mslide macrumors 6502a

    Sep 17, 2007
    That only allows you to remap caps lock, control, option or command (not fn) to only one of those four.

    To the OP:

    On my macbook, in addition to use fn + arrow keys, the following also works:
    command up/down = Home / End
    Option up/down = page up / down.

    Maybe it's the same for you and would help you?

Share This Page