Possible to use different scrolling for mouse/trackpad?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by mikeytwice, Jul 22, 2011.

1. mikeytwice macrumors member

Hey all -- I was wondering if anyone's coded a little applet or something to allow one to use "natural" scrolling for the trackpad and "reverse" scrolling for a mouse wheel. At first, I turned off natural scrolling altogether -- but then I found myself wanting to scroll "naturally" while using launchpad, so I thought I'd give it a go.

I've grown used to "natural" scrolling on the trackpad, but it doesn't feel right on a scrollwheel on a mouse for me -- plus, I use a mouse with Windows, and not a trackpad, and as Windows uses "reverse" scrolling, it'd be great if I could decouple these two settings so I could keep mouse behavior consistent across platforms.

2. buckers macrumors 6502

Been hunting the net but haven't had much luck, so far. Feel like I can't use natural scrolling because inverting the mouse wheel when the laptop is docked feels really silly + I use scroll wheels at work quite regularly, so it'd probably mess me up! :confused:

3. whathesaid macrumors regular

Would be nice to have the separation, I use the pad and the mrs uses the mouse. But if the alternate scrolling is checked off in the mouse it does it for the trackpad aswell.

4. auto4d macrumors newbie

MagicPrefs may do it (or you could request that they make it do so, they'll be updating it again soon I expect).

I don't have a trackpad so I can't test.

Its free :D

5. PRMuntz macrumors newbie

I'm here to save the day! :D

Free application: Scroll Reverser :3

http://pilotmoon.com/scrollreverser/

Enjoy!!

(EDIT: Registered just to give you this answer, you better be grateful :p )