Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yalag

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 18, 2007
I'm trying to make a live photo from videos using one of the many apps in the appstore. They work ok when viewed on the phone but when it is set as the apple watch face, it just appears black with nothing shown.

Anyone had any success in making apple watch faces with live photos created from videos?

moxxham

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Responing to this thread: I’ve been trying to do this for the past 2 days. They just show up as blank too. Anyone had any luck? I’m trying to make a live photo of Earth spinning as a watch face. Thanks.

yalag

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 18, 2007
Responing to this thread: I’ve been trying to do this for the past 2 days. They just show up as blank too. Anyone had any luck? I’m trying to make a live photo of Earth spinning as a watch face. Thanks.

not a chance

DaveWil

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2012
I'm trying to make a live photo from videos using one of the many apps in the appstore. They work ok when viewed on the phone but when it is set as the apple watch face, it just appears black with nothing shown.

Anyone had any success in making apple watch faces with live photos created from videos?

I used either Live Studio or LiveMaker to do this last year, but I can't remember which one. I seem to remember there was a trick that if the video is too long you get a black screen. Try it with just a few frame video as a test.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.