Possible to watch movies on TV through iPod touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sers, Jan 17, 2008.

1. sers macrumors regular

Just wondering,

Does anyone know if it's possible to watch a movie from your IPT to your TV? If so, what's the quality like, etc?

Just thinking that this would be a cheaper and more convenient alternative to renting movies (through iTunes) than by renting movies from the local video store.

2. efedor macrumors regular

There is a web page that allows you to see streaming video from tv stations around the word and it works great with my macbook..but it wont work with the itouch....I tried:(

3. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

if the video is quicktime, then yes you can, if it is not, you are out of luck

4. OrangeCuse44 macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

Are you asking about using a video out cable from your touch to your tv?

5. OrangeCuse44 macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

6. bbirch macrumors newbie

Something to look at that maybe a little more technically advanced, but would be an awesome addition if the programming becomes available once the SDK is released.

The Slingbox can send TV/DVR/Cable from your home to anywhere your IPT would a have a wifi connection (EDGE may be too slow for a good picture for those iPhone users). Record your favorite TV show and watch it the next day while at work/school on your IPT. Amazing technology, just waiting for the SDK to make it possible!

www.slingmedia.com

7. sers thread starter macrumors regular

OrangeCuse44, yes, that's what I'm talking about.

I saw these cables on the Apple store and wondered, if you can hook the IPT to your TV to veiw photos or whatever, then why couldn't you watch videos or movies as well? This is where I got the idea of renting movies from iTunes and watching them on TV. To me, this sounds like a nice alternative to driving to the video store, hoping the movie you want is availble, driving back home, watching it, then driving back tot he video store to drop it off.

Just wondering what the video quality would be like. I'm assuming it would be DVD like quality, since it's digital and all...

8. OrangeCuse44 macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

Glad I could help. Quality should be pretty darn good. I wouldnt expect HD type quality but it should be right there with DVDs. Im also looking for one of these, a bit cheaper than the Apple one for my touch to travel with on business trips. Can anyone make a recommendation for me?

9. britton45 macrumors newbie

Would like to know the name of the web page please.
    thanks Tim

10. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

Are the videos downloaded from iTunes for iPods different sizes than the ones downloaded to a regular computer?