Possible USB 1 issues with dock? TiBook

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by unity, Jul 2, 2007.

1. unity macrumors 6502a

Hello,

I dont have a Mac with USB 2. I have a Belkin card but it wont work without a power adapter - and you guessed it, I dont have it! (it was a free card). So I am using my built-in USB 1 ports on my TiBook with 10 four 10.

Originally I used the dock and cable and seemed to have issues once I started to choose photos and music to be synced. With the dock iTunes would want to always restore the iPhone from its last sync backup. Every-time... drove me nuts. Or I would get communications errors. iTunes also had a tendency to hang up with the spinning wheel of death. At one point, the iPhone asked me to reboot it.

Oddly I had no problem with the dock during activation or syncing any info, it was when music, photos or vids needed to sync over.

The "fix" was to remove the dock form the equation. I seem to have no problems transferring multimedia over.

Anyone else using USB 1 with a dock having issues? Or do I maybe have a defective dock?

Thanks!

2. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

I'm having a problem with usb 1.1

It is not syncing photos
    when I try I get an error in iTunes

( error 39 )

I tried disconnecting the dock and I get the same thing

Any idea???