Possible? Using MB with a "microsoft only" online class software

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by .JahJahwarrior., Aug 31, 2008.

1. .JahJahwarrior. macrumors 6502

Link to software requirements page

I find it completely ridiculous that they only support PCs running Microsoft software. I do not use a PC, I use a Mac, and I know a LOT of college students here use Macs. Can I work around this stupidity somehow? There has to be some trick to get their stuff to work just fine on my Mac...right?

2. italiano40 macrumors 65816

italiano40

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

:apple:

4. Trip.Tucker Guest

Not so fast, the OP may still have issues if they are using some of the older class ActiveX objects.

5. Trip.Tucker Guest

OP, you may have to resort to using Windows in Fusion or run Wine/Crossover. It really sucks that these people are lazy in their coding choice and lock the end user into using IE.

6. .JahJahwarrior. thread starter macrumors 6502

When I run their "installation wizard", it gives me two errors. First, it tells me that since I'm running Windows 3.1, I need to update to something newer, and they reccomend XP :D Apparently they get Tiger confused with old Windows...

Secondly, it immediately noticed I was using Firefox and told me to switch to IE. I have the newest firefox.

7. italiano40 macrumors 65816

italiano40

i know it said that you can't use firefox, but i take a lot of online classes and it says you can't use it, but it still works and their is an active object ext. for firefox 3

8. msheldrick macrumors regular

in the safari developer option, try changing your "user agent" to Internet Explorer

To Enable the Develop Option

Safari > Preferences > Advanced > Check Show develop in Menu Bar