Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lilsoccakid74

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 13, 2010
Well guys, most of you have probably read the endless rumors surrounding the white iphones possibility of being available for other carriers. Its time for a phone upgrade, and was wondering what you all thought about this. Is it worth waiting a couple months, or should I just get the next best smartphone that verizon has to offer?

thanks for your input.

ChrisGonzales90

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2010
Hillsboro, Oregon USA.
I dobut there will be one out in the next few months. They did say they have no intrest, but thats just a marketing scheme to get people to fall under Googles Evil empire.

I would never own a google phone. Its bad enough the goverment tapping in to phone calls, but Google? I mean they steal wifi data how do I know they arnt stealing other information like my credit card?

lorenwade

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2008
There's been an iPhone rumor every year since it came out. Don't hold your breath.

Ace134blue

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2009
I have a friend who knows a friend who works at verizon. She said it could be for verizon in September. Take this with a grain of salt tho.

Minimoose 360

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2008
NY
The Verizon iPhone has been rumored to come out multiple times...in the past. There has never been any fruition.

In short, no.

megsalias

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
Mobile, AL
Unless Verizon could get it's hand on a future generation of iPhone on the launch date, I don't see why it would pick it up. After launch, Verizon's already lost customers that really wanted an iPhone to AT&T. That's not to mention how many new subscribers AT&T would have already picked up.

Plus, (and I'm not spouting this as truth, so someone is welcome to correct me if I'm wrong) I've been told that even though both AT&T's and Verizon's networks are called "3G", they're not actually the same. AT&T's is supposedly much faster...kind of like Luke Wilson demonstrated in those commercials, haha.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.