Possible Virus? maybe just me?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by alyssaw, Aug 11, 2009.

1. alyssaw macrumors newbie

Okay, i have a jailbroken iPhone (tmobile). I've had for for about 4 months, and today it turned itself off, and now when i start it back up, i get the image of an older guy speaking in cyrilliac, which i don't know. Any clues? anyone else have this? or am i screwed?

this is the image i'm getting.

Attached Files:

2. celticpride678

Are you serious or joking? This is not normal for sure. But it sound like you are joking.

3. alyssaw thread starter macrumors newbie

i really wish i was joking. but i'm completely serious.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Once you give us a pic well try to help.

5. alyssaw thread starter macrumors newbie

i'm kind of panicking, because i'm not that good at figuring this stuff out, and i was hoping someone else had seen and or knew something about it.

6. celticpride678

You cannot take it to the Apple Store because it is jailbroken. Have you tried restoring?

7. alyssaw thread starter macrumors newbie

here's the image i got, any ideas?

i did try to restore it, but it doesn't do anything else. it brings up the little pineapple instead of an apple like it's supposed to, but then that guy shows up.

Attached Files:

8. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

The picture is a caricature of Steve Jobs that has replaced the error screen upon jailbreaking. The iPhone needs to be restored to factory settings, upon which time you can make a new firmware to jailbreak/unlock, whatever the case may be.

For now, plug it into iTunes and restore.

You didn't restore it properly if the PwnagePineapple is still there. Try to force it to restore by holding Option (on a Mac) as you click Restore and manually choosing the firmware to which you are restoring.

9. alyssaw thread starter macrumors newbie

really? thank you. i use my phone for just about everything, so having it break down on me almost sent me over the edge.

10. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Well this is a new one if you're not playing with us. Do a DFU RESTORE.

11. alyssaw thread starter macrumors newbie

i'm not playing aggie. but according to tallest, it just means i have to re-jailbreak it, and i just looked up "steve jobs caricature" and i found that image telling me what tallest said. You guys are really helpful, thanks : D

12. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Yep, I saw what he wrote. He's much more knowledgeable than me, so I learned something new today. However, if you're ever in a bind DFU restore is your friend.

13. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

What is he saying in the speech bubble??
    Thats funny Apple would do something like that! :p

14. mrmayor92 macrumors 6502

same i want to know :D

15. Surely Guest

Surely

This isn't something that Apple did. That screen is from the dev team, and is part of the jailbreaking software. When you jailbreak, you can choose the pineapple and the steve jobs cartoon, or you can just go with the regular Apple screens.

16. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

No it's not, it's old actually, since Pwnage came out. :)

Tallest was correct, it just means your iPhone needs to be restored. Since I don't speak/read Russian, I changed the text of the logo to "Oh Sh**!" so that I know it's in recovery mode. I also didn't like the pineapple logo so I use the same Steve logo but he says "Pwned!" instead when my phone starts.
    He's saying "Preved", it's a Russian meme. :)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preved