Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DJO

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 28, 2004
Greetings from New Zealand!
am posting the following on behalf of a friend:

"Please help!!

My mouse keeps freezing. I can still use the keyboard and quit open applications so it's not the computer thats freezing just the mouse.

Im not sure if it is a mouse/keyboard problem or if I may have a virus. Do you have anything for checking for viruses on a mac?

I tried to open an attachment a few days ago that I probably shouldn't have.

When I tried to bounce it I got an email from my ISP saying...

Xtra's AntiVirus filter found a virus/worm in a message that you may have sent to <dkreml1@email.msn.com>.
Details of the virus found and action taken are shown below:
------------------------
Xtra's AntiVirus filter found the virus/worm TROJ_DLOADER.DAQ
in the file Foto025.JPG.zip/Foto025.JPG.................................................................................................................exe. The action taken was "remove".
More information is available at http://xtra.co.nz/anti-virus.
The uninfected part of the message (if any) is attached."

"

My friend has an emac running 10.3.9

Any suggestions?

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
DJO said:
Xtra's AntiVirus filter found a virus/worm in a message that you may have sent to <dkreml1@email.msn.com>.
Details of the virus found and action taken are shown below:
------------------------
Xtra's AntiVirus filter found the virus/worm TROJ_DLOADER.DAQ
in the file Foto025.JPG.zip/Foto025.JPG.................................................................................................................exe. The action taken was "remove".
More information is available at http://xtra.co.nz/anti-virus.
The uninfected part of the message (if any) is attached."

"

Any suggestions?
He-l-lo-o-o! Did you read the virus warning? Did you visit the linked antivirus website? Both make it quite clear--this is a Windows virus. It cannot infect the Mac.

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
DJO said:

"Please help!!

My mouse keeps freezing. I can still use the keyboard and quit open applications so it's not the computer thats freezing just the mouse.

Im not sure if it is a mouse/keyboard problem or if I may have a virus.

Not a virus. More info would be better.. Is this a bluetooth mouse? wired mouse? Apple mouse? 3rd party mouse? Has your friends tried erplacing the mouse with another mouse to see if that moust freezes?

thomasp

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2004
UK
DJO said:

"Please help!!

Any suggestions?

It sounds like your friend might be suffering from a broken mouse. Are they using the original Apple Pro Mouse (the soap bar type thing) that came with their computer?

The cable on our Pro Mouse for our Dual G4 tower snapped inside the mouse recently, and the mouse just died, pretending the computer had frozen.

yadmonkey

macrumors 65816
Aug 13, 2002
Western Spiral
The easiest way to test would be to boot to a system disk. This way you are bypassing any possible software issues completely.

If it's an optical mouse, check that the part where the light comes out is clean.

calebjohnston

macrumors 68000
Jan 24, 2006
" When I clicked iTunes, I hit iPhoto by accident and it opened. Do I have a virus!?!?!?!? :eek: "

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
calebjohnston said:
" When I clicked iTunes, I hit iPhoto by accident and it opened. Do I have a virus!?!?!?!? :eek: "

Not just any virus, you have the super duper uber mega maximum destruction virus :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.