Possible?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MrSquibbles, Mar 24, 2008.

1. MrSquibbles macrumors newbie

Hello.

Since I bought my Mac Mini a week ago, and they are coming out with a new model soon, will it be possible to upgrade for free (or at least very cheap)?

Thanks,
    Jo

2. Aea macrumors 6502a

Aea

I think there's a thirty day policy of sorts, somebody more experienced will have to give you all the details though :)

3. Mr.Noisy macrumors 65816

Mr.Noisy

is it 30 days? i thought it was 14 calendar days after taking delivery, thats in the UK anyway :(

as it states on the apple site, returns police paragraph 7 sub section 7.1 (boring ***** i know)

'If you are not satisfied with any Product or the terms of any entitlement to Services you have purchased from us, you may return the Product to us or cancel the entitlement to Services and obtain a refund of the price of the returned Product or Service entitlement if you contact us within 14 Calendar Days of delivery of the Product or entering into the contract for the purchase of of Services.'

..........But i can't see what harm it would do contacting the store your purchased it from see if there is anything they can do for you :)

4. yippy macrumors 68020

yippy

It might only be 14 days.

There are two ways to get the new mini for cheap. Return your current Mac Mini NOW and wait without a computer for the new one to be released. This is likely to be "free" or no added cost to upgrade.

The other option is to wait until the new one is released and then ebay your current Mac Mini. This way you are not without a computer but you will lose money because you won't be able to sell your Mac Mini for the same price you bought it for.

Unless it is released tomorrow (within your return policy range), Apple will not offer any sort of upgrade options.

5. mankar4 macrumors 6502a

mankar4

i'd return it and be safe. The old mac mini is not worth in IMHO.