Possiblity to use recover DVD from other MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Ijsklont, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Ijsklont macrumors newbie

Hey There,

I just bought a macbook pro unibody ( my first :apple: :) ) from a auction website and it works like a charm, the only problem is that i want to recover the OS because there is a lot of crap on it from the previous owner.

Now the problem is that there are no recovery discs with this MBP and the previous owner dont have them anymore.

Now my question is: A friend i mine has the very same MBP, will it work if i would make a copy of his recovery disks and use that copy on mine MBP?

2. Snowbound macrumors regular

If he has the same generation MBP I believe you're able to borrow and use his discs...not sure about making a copy though.

3. Habitus macrumors 6502a

Habitus

If all else fails, don't lose hope. Check out ifixit.com and search for recovery discs. They may be there now and if not, the will be in the near future. You can also call AppleCare and the can sell you recovery discs. Good Luck!

4. Ijsklont thread starter macrumors newbie

I found those already on ifixit, but as long as it is possible to save some money in that i would do that.

But anyone know if you van recovery a macbook pro with a cope of the recovery dvd?

5. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

With another recovery disc, you can do just about anything but install OS X, that you would need one for your computer. Just call AppleCare, the total is about $15 and some change.

6. Ijsklont thread starter macrumors newbie

Well i dont have to install OS X i just have to recovery it back to its first state.

And here where i live (netherlands) those recovery disks are ussualy over the 40 euro's (would be like 60 dollars or so)