Possibly a smart way to sell new macbooks?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by FuuFuu, Jul 31, 2008.

1. FuuFuu macrumors regular

FuuFuu

A lot of people are saying how "they're going to release it after the promotion." of the free ipod touch because why would they give the consumers such a great discount with a new macbook? Well here's the answer:

its also been rumored that the new ipod touch is being released, according to the article on MR. so before the b2s promotion is over, they release the new macbooks, people buy it because of the free ipod touch, which imo is a good profit, and makes people buy the macbook. When they run out of the old ipod touch, start selling the new ipod touch. I think that would be a smart tactic, using the old ipod touch to make people buy the new updated macbooks. As i would probably not buy the updated macbook without the discount because of money.

thoughts? is my tactic bad? insults are welcomed :D

2. NotFound macrumors 6502a

NotFound

They use the b2s promotion as a pretty way of unloading on soon-to-be old stock once they decide to release new updates.

3. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

Discounts are usually used to increase demand, for example selling off soon-to-be older product.

Well made new products will have demand since they are new, so discounts would not be needed. They will sell themselves.

Apple needs enough people to afford their product to make profits, not to make sure everyone can afford their products at the risk of less profit.