Possibly bricked iPhone 2G - Help needed

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Kevio, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Kevio macrumors regular

Ok, so I will make this quick, I have a 1st gen iPhone that WILL NOT power on. Here is how it's last breath went down:

A few nights ago the battery was getting pretty low, so I did what I do every night before I go to bed, I plugged it into the wall. When I awoke I noticed that it hadn't charged at all and was still at 12% battery. When it finally died I was unable to power it back on. Plugging it into a wall outlet does nothing, plugging it into my computer does nothing, and I even tried other peoples USB cords to make sure. I should mention that this phone was jailbroken using a tethered jailbreak.

Does anyone have any advice or is my 2G done for? My iPhone 4 has already been ordered but I would like to have this one working until it arrives. Thank you.

2. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Sounds like a hardware problem, definitely not a jailbreak issue.

3. Kevio thread starter macrumors regular

I was worried that might be the problem. Thinking about cracking it open just for the hell of it.

4. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

sounds dead to me - maybe try just holding both the home and the lock button for a seriously long time and see if anything happens.

also might consider a voltmeter and testing connections if you get really ambitious.

Good luck - I know the feeling and it sucks :)