Possibly buying a mac

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BrumGB, Apr 4, 2011.

1. BrumGB macrumors newbie

BrumGB

Hey

I am thinking of buying a macbook pro in the near future. I just have a few questions... okay I here I go

Is booting into windows using bootcamp, booting natively into windows or not. I hope I've asked that correctly :p. (I do some .net progamming from time to time).

I'll attach more questions when I remember all the questions I originally intended to ask.

Thanks

2. deadwulfe macrumors 6502a

deadwulfe

Bootcamp Assistant is just a program that will assist you with installing Windows in a dual-boot configuration. So, yes, it is a native installation and not a VM.

3. BrumGB thread starter macrumors newbie

BrumGB

Thankyou very much :)

I have another quick question.. If I was to buy the 2nd 15" MacBook pro model off there website it will cost £1600 (w/apple care). If I went in store would I get the same spec model at the same price ? or does the store and webstore differ ?

Thanks again

4. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

You only get a discount in certain situations – corporate, education, etc.

5. MartyF81 macrumors 6502

Online price and store price should be the same (except for taxes)

6. Apple 26.2 Contributor

Apple 26.2

Prices are the same in-store and online.

7. TheFarmer macrumors 6502

Yes, it is natively running windows in Boot Camp.

Price is same online as it is at the Apple store. If you went to a non-Apple store, sometimes they have stuff on sale :)

8. steadysignal macrumors 6502a

steadysignal

don't forget refurbs.

the entry cost is much lower and you get the same tech value.

9. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Just for the record, while bootcamp is free(outside of a Windows license) I am pretty sure a program like VMware Fusion would work fine for programing in .Net, but it does cost money for the connivence of having OS X and Windows right next to each other.

10. BrumGB, Apr 14, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2011

BrumGB thread starter macrumors newbie

BrumGB

Thanks for the quick answers guys.

Just another quick question.. I am planning to order my macbook this weekend.

[​IMG]

I read this.. Does this mean I get the three years apple care instore if I do not select the "EMEA CC-HE contract uplift MacBook Pro [+ £60.00]" as it suggests that the extra 2 years is for phone support. The image on the site shows that they offer 3 years hardware coverage.

I haven't done research into applecare as of yet so sorry if i'm completely off.

Also if I order on a Saturday would it get delivered on a Sunday or the Monday.

Thanks again !

11. Apple 26.2 Contributor

Apple 26.2

I'm assuming 3-7 business days depending on shipping method.

12. BrumGB thread starter macrumors newbie

BrumGB

Cheers :)

Could someone verify the warranty that you get with the laptop when brought with student financing ? Do you get 3 years hardware warranty or do I have to buy apple care in order to have 3 years hardware warranty.

13. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

I am not from the UK but remember someone saying in a thread on here that it only applies when you buy it through the online Educational store and didn't apply when purchased through an actual Brick and Mortar. Again, I am not from the UK so it is just what I read.

14. BrumGB thread starter macrumors newbie

BrumGB

I ordered MBP last week and I am really looking forward to using OSX. I have a few questions that need to be answered so rather than making a new thread I'll just bump this one;

• I am buying my macbook from the uk. I am going on vacation to the Philippines in a few weeks and would like to know what gear I will need in order to charge my macbook abroad.
    • What cases are good for the macbook pro, I have been looking at the incase branded cases at the moment and they seem high standard.

Cheers