Possibly fried Ipod Touch??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mysty2002, Jan 21, 2009.

1. mysty2002 macrumors newbie

Hi! So I think my Ipod Touch is fried and I dunno what to do? It's a first gen and here's what happened:

I had plugged my car connector into my ipod without realizing that the plug was wet as the plug was on my car floor and it was raining. It played half of a song perfectly fine and then the screen froze. I pressed the 2 buttons on the ipod simultaneously and it turned off and I haven't been able to get it to turn back on again. When I connect my ipod to my laptop and turn on iTunes, the program doesn't detect my ipod at all but I can feel the ipod getting warm as if it is charging. It's been about 3 weeks now and it's still undetectable and won't turn on.

I've had the thing for just over a year when it died and the manufacture warranty is over so I was thinking maybe I fried the battery? I brought it to an apple repair place and they said for $50 they'll run diagnostics but the repair will be a separate charge :p Should I even bother trying to replace the battery and fixing it or should I just buy a 2nd gen?

Thanks!

2. txhockey9404 macrumors 6502a

I say just go for the new one if you can afford it. After the repair cost, you will wish you had just gone for the new one anyway.