Possibly Return my i5 2.4 15" Macbook pro for 13"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by reedsie, Apr 18, 2010.

1. reedsie macrumors newbie

Ok, I need some advice please.

I recently bought my first Macbook Pro and it's the i5 2.4 15.4" macbook pro. I mainly use this for document processing, desktop publishing, photos, videos etc etc. The laptop works well but it just seems to large.

How much difference would I notice going to the new 13" model or should I stick with the one I have.

I have about a week to decide what to do. Also, if I decided to return for the 15" would Apple charge me restocking fee and if so, what if I purchased the IPAD at the same time would they waive it?

I'm used to using a 13 inch dell laptop at home and hook it to external 22" at work.

2. runtohell121 macrumors 6502

If you give them a good reason, they won't charge you restocking fee.

You might want to go test out the Macbook Pro 13 before making your decision. The MBP 13 is slower than the 15 due to the processor and graphics.

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

You would need to talk with the manager about that; also most stores are sold out on iPads.

4. Agnel macrumors member

I was told that they'd ask for a restocking fee, i.e only if the seal is not broken. :S

5. runtohell121 macrumors 6502

That's what they told me today when I went for an exchange for my previous generation MBP 13 2.53 for the MBP 13 2.66.. Had a talk with the manager, he waived the restocking fee for me.

6. reedsie thread starter macrumors newbie

Has any of you bought a 15" and returned for a 13" or vice versa?

I tried them both in the store but it seems the whole keyboard unibody portion on the 15 inch is to big

7. koyou macrumors newbie

This is a choice between mobility and performance. The 13" MBP is smaller and about 1.1 lbs lighter. If you will be carrying all the day with MBP, you will prefer to the 13". In terms of performance, it is no doubt that the 15" is faster and more capable on handling heavy graphic works. But, for only web surfing and word processing, you won't feel the difference, i think.