Possibly stupid replacement battery question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by smiddlehurst, May 28, 2009.

1. smiddlehurst macrumors 65816

Hey everyone, I'm actually a bit embarassed to be posting this as it's such a stupid question but need the benefit of your experience.

I recently had a battery replaced on a June 2007 17" MBP as the original one bulged out. The new one works fine but, and this is the stupid bit, the laptop seems to be running MUCH hotter than it used to. The fans kick in far earlier and the bottom of the case is now heading into painful to touch territory.

Now I know this sounds crazy, and for the life of me I can't think of any reason why it should be the case. But I'm sure I'm not imagining it - where as before I could use the laptop on my, well, lap without issues now it's getting uncomfortable after only a few minutes.

Anyone heard of anything like this or have any ideas?

2. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

While plugged in it will get hot. It also depends what you are doing on your mac to cause this.

3. smiddlehurst thread starter macrumors 65816

As I said, this is a machine I've had now for two years and while it's gotten warm before under the same useage (plugged in and charging, web browsing with nothing other than firefox open) it's never been hot like this...