Possibly swapping 4S at Apple?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by alterme, Oct 17, 2011.

1. alterme macrumors newbie

Hi, how are you all? I purchased the iPhone 4S 32GB Black on Friday. Now I'm having regrets on both the colour and size. I was hoping for the white 16gb but that was sold out by the time it got to me. So, I was just wondering would it be possible for me to go into the Apple store where I purchased the phone and maybe exchange my black 32GB for a white 16GB and be refunded the £100?

Many thanks!

2. Gatteau macrumors 6502a

There's a 30-day return window. I'm not sure if they would straight up swap your phone. If not, just ask for a refund then get the white one.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I would imagine you would have to return the phone, get your money back and then re-buy whatever you truly wanted.

I feel when the 16GB sold out a lot of people bought the 32GB just to have the phone on launch day with the intent to return it. This makes for a **** ton of refurbs, which may be good for others. Maybe that is not what you did but it seems to be a theme.

4. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

You can return the iPhone you bought and buy the model you want.

5. alterme thread starter macrumors newbie

I did not intend to return the phone. I actually thought I could do with the 32GB of space, that's why I purchased it then and did not wait. But now I have synced everything up and deleted the stuff I didn't need, I've realised it's a waste of space. The phone has hardly left the box anyway as I haven't shifted my iPhone 4 yet. OK thanks for the help guys, I'll return it and see what they say

6. andyx3x macrumors 65816

I know if you want to move up, like from 16GB to 32GB, you can do it and just pay the difference.

I would think you can move down as well although I'm not sure.