Possibly switching to Leopard... Few questions

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mrchainsaw5757, Mar 14, 2008.

1. mrchainsaw5757 macrumors regular

mrchainsaw5757

So I kind of want a fresh new OS, so I was thinking it might be time to switch to Leopard. I just fear that a few of my programs wont work. I read the thread about the programs that work and dont work, thats not really my issue. My biggest fear is for my CS3 Suite. I just worry that it wont work since my adobe upgrader doesnt work. Anyone know if it still will?

AND if I install Leopard and dont like it, can i like uninstall it, or just reinstall leopard? And if so will i have to do a fresh install on all of it?

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Just install it. CS3 works perfectly fine for me. You'll like it so I don't anticipate a need to reinstall Tiger. But in any case you'd have to do an archive and install back to Tiger (I think).

3. blodwyn macrumors 65816

Before you do the Leopard upgrade, make a bootable backup onto an external disk using SuperDuper, CCC or Disk Utility. Then if you don't get on with Leopard you can just restore your previous image and you're back to where you were.

4. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

That's a pretty good idea.

5. mackindergarten macrumors 6502

Hi,

jumping on the install-on-external hard drive bandwagon...you could also install Leopard on an external, while still having your production installation of Tiger.

After you're done playing with and setting up the Leopard installation on you external, you can just clone your Leopard installation onto your internal.

Doing so, you have always a working backup to fall back to. But you'll like Leopard.

Hope this is helpful.

/Rupert

6. fluidedge macrumors 65816

fluidedge

do you currently make money from this machine you plan to upgrade? If so, DONT upgrade. You might find an application that is crucial to your work doesn't work as you expected.

This is perhaps more applicable to upgrading Quicktime, say. But the golden rules still apply, if you make money from this machine, leopard won't offer you much more in the way of productivity.

By all means install it on a personal machine but on you work machine stick with tiger, you know your workflow works on that, you can't say the same with leopard without testing it thoroughly.

7. mrchainsaw5757 thread starter macrumors regular

mrchainsaw5757